Petra Strings Consists of two nki patches for Native instruments Kontakt, one is playable and the other is loop based instrument.
1- Petra Strings Legato is an Arabic - middle eastern strings section for Native instrument kontakt. This unique library is designed to suit both studio and live performance musicians who are looking for realistic legato section.
With random round robin option for both sustains and legato groups the player can achieve sounds as realistic as possible. One of the characteristics of Arabic strings is the delay between sounds, in studio environment that can be achieved with delaying notes on the piano roll for example, while in real time live performance it is hard to achieve and that is why an option for random delay time is provided, it basically delays the attack groups randomly starting from 1 and ending with 3.5 millisecond which will result in natural time difference between sections in real time.
This option can be enabled or disabled for all sections, once disabled; delay knobs for all section will be set to off and can be adjusted manually for each if needed. The natural detune between sections is preserved to give that taste of middle eastern section.
The sections sampled are C-basses, Cellos 1, Cellos 2, violins 1, and violins 2 where violins sections includes violas with respect to each instrument key range.
Cellos sections first octave only are copied to widen the section key range and that is ascribed to the fact that this is how Arabic cellos are played; an advice from Dr Raid Marji who supervised the production of this library. Articulations ( Key switches ) included are: Normal, Tremolo, Trills Half "looped", Trills Whole "looped", Trills Half Short, Trills Whole Short, and Pizzicato.
The library is designed to play both mono and poly yet for more flexibility we added a button to enable/disable legato. Each section has its own separate volume, pan, and EQ controllers with midi automation capability; just right click on any knob or button on the interface and use midi learn option to control it via midi. Round robins for attack groups or staccato will play bows "down - up - down - up" by default, an option to randomize bowing for each section separately is added.
Transpose of each section is added as well, whether is octave or semi each section can be transposed separately without affecting the other or the legato playing or even the quarter tone. The quarter tone option has tuning amount knob where user can adjust tuning for the selected note "+50 -50" cents.
Portamento is achieved through velocity and touch of the player where very low velocities will play glissando and mid velocities will play slower portamento and high velocities will play faster - to almost no portamento; besides all that one touch portamento settings a knob to select total portamento speed / time is added to provide 10 global portamento speed 4 slow , 4 fast and 2 mid, setting speed knob to zero will turn off portamento.
Release and attack samples volume can be controlled through their knobs. Reverb with real room impulses is added as well and can be turned on / off. Presets can be saved and recalled via snapshots within kontakt 5.4 which is a great feature that will allow users to save their own presets "snapshots" and recall them.
The library interface is not limited for snapshot, meaning any knob or controller on the interface can be saved and recalled with snapshots like tuning for example. Sections can be turned on / off and that is very useful for making multies, for example user can make a multi that consists of C-basses on channel 1 and cellos on channel 2 and so on.
- 24 bit / 48kHz mono compressed ncw kontakt format.
- 7 Articulations: normal, Tremolo, Trills H, Trills W, Trills H Short, Trills W Short, and Pizzicato.
- Section on/off option with separate volume, pan, and EQ control.
- Release, Attack samples volume control.
- Legato on/off trigger option.
- Separate transpose of each section (Semi, Octave).
- Quarter tone scale with tune amount control +- 50 cents.
- Reverb room simulation effects with 40 reverb presets.
- Fully automated controllers.
- Random bowing and random RR option.
- Random attack delay time option.
- Separate delay time option for each section.
- Global portamento speed controller with 10 speeds.
- Users might encounter a slight detune when playing light velocities.
- This is a watermarked library and licensed per user.
- After downloading library wont work until you receive patch by email.
- We will send patch to buyers within 24 hours of working days.
2- Petra Strings Phrases is a set of 17 oriental strings sessions recorded by various artists with various keys and tempos, the library includes four tracks for each session ; two cellos/violas and two violins tracks.
The number of instruments on each track varies depending on the session itself and how it was recorded. Release samples track is also provided and can be turned on/off, user can control level, pan, and EQ of each track separately.
Reverb effect with real rooms IR samples is added and can be toggled on/off for all sessions where users can control it's size, mix, and delay. Sessions can be selected from a drop down menu where only selected session's samples are loaded into ram to reduce ram usage and keyboard keys color will indicate used keys for each session.
Recordings are in different "maqams" - scales , keys, and tempos that are included in each session's name.
A list of included sessions:
- "Ascend C A# C# E FG - 125 BPM - 35 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Life D / G - 105 BPM - 35 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Sad D / G - 130 BPM - 40 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "My Heart F - 140 BPM - 31 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Forgot Me Ab - 84 BPM - 36 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Habibi F / A# - 100 BPM - 40 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Lezam I G - 140 BPM - 60 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Lezam II G - 140 BPM - 41 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Slow G - 86 BPM - 19 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Why B - 88 BPM - 34 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Hear U D - 82 BPM - 25 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Day Db - 80 BPM - 34 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Generous C / G - 82 BPM - 32 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Huzam A / C# - 70 BPM - 39 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Love D / A - 76 BPM - 39 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Noor D - 83 BPM - 24 Phrases x 4 tracks"
- "Punish A - 78 BPM - 44 Phrases x 4 tracks"
One of the reasons why this library is unique; is the legato - X - fade between phrases function where users can control Speed of xfade as well as sample start offset for both the first and the target phrase, playing around with sample start offset will enable users to create new content and new phrases, sample start of the first phrase is indicated with green sample start pointer while second or target phrase start is indicated by yellow pointer, this function can be turned off as well.
Time sync mode will enable users to sync phrases to their host project tempo or manually by stretching phrases to their desired tempo, enabling sync mode will allow changing pitch of the whole session so basically there are three modes of sync:
- Free - sync mode is off " will play original session pitch and tempo"
- Host - sync mode set to host " will sync to host tempo allowing pitch change"
- TM - sync mode set to TM " will allow manual tempo edit and stretch of phrases and changing pitch using time machine"
Total level of all sessions can be controlled through Expression knob. Attack of all sessions can be controlled through Attack knob.
- Legato, X - fade between phrases
- Expression and attack controls of all sessions
- fully automated interface
- 17 sessions
- Reverb with real rooms IR samples
- 3 sync modes
- Level, pan, and EQ of each track separately
- 4 tracks for each session
- release samples track
- Ram loading optimized
- 44 100 Hz, 24 bit stereo samples
- 2,197 ncw kontakt samples / 1.22 GB
Full kontakt player 5.4.1 or later is needed to run the library